Mandy came to East Reen from Taiwan. She said she could not cook. However the following recipe was produced and she ended up buying a cookery book from the farmers market. It was in English entitled “The wok Bible”! I have to say I was slightly jealous of her find as it was a super book. She has taken it back to Taiwan, now making recipes and at the same time keeping her english practiced!
Sorry for late to provide my recipe. The “stir-fry pork with spring onion” and “Carrot Omelet” are two dishes that I provide such as an attached field ( word and PDF). If you can’t see it, please tell me.
Do you remember the Asian recipe book being written in English, THE WOK BIBLE? I am glad I bought it because I use it to write this recipe for you. Ha~Ha~
I am learning how to drive at this moment. I am going to get the licence in Dec if my driving test is pass.
If you can , please take a photo of your recipe book that you said in your email to me. I am just gonna see it when it is finished.
Oh~I provide a photo that we are together on my leaving day as well.
Hope your everything is fine.
【Stir-Fried Pork with spring onion】
Pork, spring onion, onion, mushroom, ginger, chili pepper, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, corn flour(or just flour), 1 egg, salt, black pepper.
Step by step
- Chop the pork to suitable size(short length is better).Cut the spring onion into short lengths and separate the white part and green part. Cut ginger into strips. Sliced chili pepper. Draw the cross on the top of mushrooms with knife. Cut the onion into sliced. Chop the garlic into very little size.
- To marinate the pork
Mix together the garlic , a quarter of egg(mix together yolk and protein ), 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp rice wine, a little sugar , a little black pepper and pork. Then sprinkle lightly corn flour ( or just flour) over the pork. Wait for 10 minutes at least. If the weather is too warm, put them into a fridge.
Note: tbsp= big spoon, tsp=small tea spoon.
- Preheat a wok and then heat around the 1.5 tbsp oil (medium heat). Add the white part of spring onion to the wok and stir-fry over low to medium heat until you can smell the spring onion.
- Tune the fire into small heat. Take out the white part of spring onion (don’t throw out). Add the ginger, mushrooms, onion and pork to the wok and stir-fry over a medium heat until color of pork is changed.
- Add 1 tbsp soy sauce, 4 tbsp water, spring onion(green part and white part) and chili pepper to the wok and stir-fry. Then cover the wok and tune the fire into light heat to stew (around 5~10 min, check if the pork is ok).
- Open the cover and put a little salt if you want. Turn the fire into medium heat to make the dish drier ( how long? Depends on how dry you want). Finish.
Carrot, eggs, salt. ( black pepper if you want)
- Chop the carrot into strips. Mix together the a little salt, yolk and protein ( and black pepper if you want) .
- Preheat a wok and heat around 1 tbsp oil over low to medium heat( depends on how many stripedcarrots you have, you need to let every striped carrots cover the oil as possible as you can).
- Add striped carrots to the wok to stir-fry. Then add salt a little and stir-fry. Tune the fire to very small heatand cover the wok to stew 10~15 min.
you can use a spoon to cut the striped carrots to check how carrots are soft enough or not. Note:never add any water during cooking this dish, just mind the fire is small enough and be patient. Don’t open the cover when it is stewed.
- Add the egg to the wok to make an omelet. Turn over it when the one side is finished. Finish.